Pack your bags! Arizona is a stunning state below is a list of our top ten places to experience the southwest. You could spend many years in Arizona exploring all the state has to offer and still not see it all.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
We put together, in no particular order, a list of what we think are some of the best sights in the state of Arizona to experience. If you are visiting Arizona once in your lifetime and are looking for a good overview of the state here are some of the not to miss sights you can’t find anywhere else.
Don’t Miss Top Ten Places to See in Arizona
- The Grand Canyon is the greatest natural attraction in Arizona. Make this a must see on your trip here.
2. The Heard Museum is a great way to learn about the Southwest and is a popular attraction in Phoenix.
3. Take a Hike. There are so many beautiful trails in Phoenix and throughout Arizona. Some of the best in the country. Whether you choose an urban hike at South Mountain, a desert hike in Tucson or an adventurous hike in Grand Canyon; if you visit Arizona you need to lace up your boots and take a hike.
4. Visit Tucson to see desert animals, hummingbirds and plants all in one place at the Sonoran Desert Museum
6. Visit an Old West Ghost Towns in Arizona. Arizona embodies the spirit of adventure.
7. See the red rocks of Sedona and explore Oak Creek.
8. Saguaro National Forest See a forest of saguaro cactus at Saguaro National Forest in Tucson. You won’t see this anywhere else in the world, the saguaro is a symbol of the southwest and only grows in the Sonoran Desert.
9. Montezuma’s Castle Arizona has many ancient Native American ruins. I chose Montezuma’s Castle because it is a well preserved part of Arizona’s history and is easily accessible for everyone.
10. Lake Powell & Antelope Canyon Page, Arizona is home to stunning landscapes including Lake Powell, Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend to name a few.